From time to time, new users to Outlook ask me how can they get the signatures that has become the norm of our emailing culture. Most of them always ask ‘How Do I Create Signature in Outlook‘ to which I answer with simple tips to quickly setting up the signature in new versions of the Outlook
Just follow the steps below to setup new signature in your Outlook 2007/2010
Setup Signature in Outlook 2010 / Outlook 2007
1. Click on New Email button on top
2. Click on Signature in the ribbon menu and click on Signatures. This will open new window called Signatures and Stationery
3. Click on New Button and name your signature. For e.g. Rangify Admin
4. In Edit Signature window below create your new signature however you want it. You can play with font styles, size, links, images and various other features. Once you satisfied with your signature, click Save button above the edit signature window and click OK below.
5. You can select when to show signature, i.e. only for replies/forwards or only for new messages or for both. To do that, just select the new signature you created in drop down box under Choose Default Signature menu. This will be helpful when you have multiple signatures.
Tip For Changing Signatures In Outlook Quickly with Right Click
If you want to quickly switch between signatures while you are composing a new email or replying to an email just right click where you signature area is in the email and you will see the other signature list as shown below. Just select the one you want shown and it will change the signature for that particular email.
Create Business Card As Signature In Outlook 2007 / Outlook 2010
1. For this, first create business card with your contact information by going to Contacts
2. In Contacts, Click on New Contact
3. In top ribbon of New Contact, click on Business Card
4. Once the Edit Business Card Window opens up, change it according to your information.
I personally make changes to my business card with image in it. Make changes to background and added Custom User Field using Add button at the bottom.
Once you are done with the changes, just click ok and you will the new business card in your contact information.
5. Now follow steps for setting up new signature in the Outlook as shown above and when you get the Signatures and Stationery window, click on the Business Card Icon.
6. Select the business card from the contacts. Thats it, you are done. Save the signature and click OK.
As usual, if you have any questions or comments regarding the article or tips related to Outlook, please leave us a comment. Thanks.